Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pros and Cons of Moving to Los Angeles

TEN REASONS NOT TO MOVE TO LOS ANGELES

10. ¾ of my kids are in schools that are perfect for them.

9. I'd have to pack.

8. I have a posse of NYC women who soothe my soul.

7. I swear too much for the west coast.

6. I don’t have ankles which rarely bothers me in NYC.

5. My kids would want to get driver’s licenses. Then they’d want to drive cars, probably.

4. The 405, the 101, the 10, Hollywood Blvd, Fairfax, Sunset …

3. What they call bagels are actually rolls with a hole in them.

2. Extended family wouldn’t be able to say “I’ll be right there” and vice versa.

1. I can’t handle the pressure (of remembering to bring my own bags to the grocery store).


TEN REASONS TO MOVE TO LOS ANGELES


10. Pulsing with inspiring, creative people.

9. Fact (no-one-knows-about-on-the-east-coast): You can wear jeans and sweaters in the summer.

8. We could get a dog.

7. And a house with a backyard—yet still be near art, restaurants and a creative industry.

6. Mitchell is more relaxed in L.A. (Interestingly, he is the least relaxed person in L.A.)

5. The kids would make new friends—then they’d be bi-coastal which is easier than being bi-lingual but still kind of cool.

4. The architecture and design are phenomenal.

3. The Pacific Ocean, Santa Monica Mts., near: Big Sur, SF, Seattle, Vegas, San Diego, Portland, etc.

2. A sense of adventure (meeting new people, discovering new places …).

1. This makes no sense. Totally stupid to even CONTEMPLATE! We’re NEW YORKERS. Stop this nonsense right now. Forgetaboutit.

4 comments:

  1. If you lived in L.A. would you blog more? I've missed your blogs! Even still, not a good reason. Forgetaboutit!! I'll be in Bel Air next week for a couple days. Will give you a call if I have any spare time to come by and swap swear words. ;) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA is a good place to visit.....maybe even on a regular basis.

    Also, you forgot the earthquakes and the smog. And the ocean is really cold.....and taxes are really high.

    But LA does have great year-round temps......do you know it's going to be over 100 deg in NYC tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm upset by the thought that you might swear more than I do. I'm going to try to fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's only New York. Everything else is a wannabe. (says the chick who lives in CT)

    ReplyDelete