TEN REASONS NOT TO MOVE TO LOS ANGELES
10. ¾ of my kids are in schools that are perfect for them.
9. I'd have to pack.
8. I have a posse of NYC women who soothe my soul.
7. I swear too much for the west coast.
6. I don’t have ankles which rarely bothers me in NYC.
5. My kids would want to get driver’s licenses. Then they’d want to drive cars, probably.
4. The 405, the 101, the 10, Hollywood Blvd, Fairfax, Sunset …
3. What they call bagels are actually rolls with a hole in them.
2. Extended family wouldn’t be able to say “I’ll be right there” and vice versa.
1. I can’t handle the pressure (of remembering to bring my own bags to the grocery store).
TEN REASONS TO MOVE TO LOS ANGELES
10. Pulsing with inspiring, creative people.
9. Fact (no-one-knows-about-on-the-east-coast): You can wear jeans and sweaters in the summer.
8. We could get a dog.
7. And a house with a backyard—yet still be near art, restaurants and a creative industry.
6. Mitchell is more relaxed in L.A. (Interestingly, he is the least relaxed person in L.A.)
5. The kids would make new friends—then they’d be bi-coastal which is easier than being bi-lingual but still kind of cool.
4. The architecture and design are phenomenal.
3. The Pacific Ocean, Santa Monica Mts., near: Big Sur, SF, Seattle, Vegas, San Diego, Portland, etc.
2. A sense of adventure (meeting new people, discovering new places …).
1. This makes no sense. Totally stupid to even CONTEMPLATE! We’re NEW YORKERS. Stop this nonsense right now. Forgetaboutit.